Attending your first market as a stall holder can be nerve wracking. It gets easier with practice, and I'm still learning.
However, there are 5 golden things I would recommend to help things go more smoothly.
1. Do your research. Visit the market ahead of the day to see what other stallholders are doing, the way the foot traffic flows and just the general vibe. Figure out access and where to park.
2. Have (ironed) table cloths in a colour that matches your brand. Ones that reach the floor so you can tuck boxes underneath the table are great.
3. Display your products at various heights. Buy, borrow, recycle stands or covered boxes, or display units, to best show off your wares.
4. Practice your set up and lay out at home.
5. If nothing else, and despite any nerves smile and talk to potential customers. Meeting people is a great way to spend the day :)
We attended our first market at the Underground Market in Wellington in late September 2019.
This is our new regular haunt - the Stallkeepers Society Market in Greytown.