Light Ring Size Guide
Guide to picking the right light ring size
A lamp shade needs to be attached to a lamp base (or a ceiling fitting) and secured in place. This is usually done by placing the ring holder, that is the middle part of the light shade frame, over the neck of your lamp base.
The ring holder must be the right size to fit the size of the neck on your lamp base. See photo below.
Ceiling or pendant fittings work in a similar way.
The majority of light fittings on a base or ceiling light come in 2 types and sizes.
1. Screw fit - takes a 43 mm ring holder
2. Bayonet fit - takes a 29 mm ring holder
Most of my lamp shade frames come with a wee plastic filler ring that makes them suitable for either size. (See photo below)
Occasionally, fittings may vary. This generally happens with American harp style table lamps, or antique style lamps.
Attaching your light shade
- Undo plastic or metal screw fitting on your light base or ceiling light
- Place light shade ring holder over the neck of the light base fitting
- Screw the plastic or metal fitting back on to the neck of the stand or ceiling light to firmly secure the light shade.
- Add bulb. Guide to using the right light bulb.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 541 4696